Research has shown that regular massage therapy has fantastic benefits for the body. It relaxes your muscles, relieves pain and discomfort, it improves your moods and your ability to relax. Everyone can benefit from this style of therapy.
Physical Benefits of Massage Therapy
Muscles become tight and ineffective for many reasons - poor posture, overload, fatigue, stress and medical conditions. When left unattended for an extended period of time, this muscular tightness becomes habitual and can hamper everyday quality of life. When the body is massaged it releases tight muscle tissue and brings fresh blood and oxygen into the muscles, skin and organs.
A few of the physical benefits of massage are:
- Reduction of chronic pain, relief from aching muscles, tiredness, cramping and muscle spasms.
- Loosening of tight muscles and stretching of connective tissues (Fascia).
- Improvement of muscle tone.
- Increased circulation of blood and lymph.
- Reduction of swelling around muscles and lymph nodes.
Psychological Benefits of Massage Therapy
In our modern society, everyday life and stress can take its toll over a long period of time. Stress can accumulate in various ways in different people. A significant proportion of massage visits are related to some form of stress occurring within the body.
Massage therapy can assist by:
- Promoting better sleeping patterns
- Improving general mental health and feelings of well-being.
- Improving concentration levels and cognitive function.
- Increasing your ability to cope with various forms of daily stress, by activation of the parasympathetic (calming) nervous system to counteract negative stress responses.
- Decreasing the frequency and depth of depressive moods, by boosting mood enhancing chemicals in the body, such as serotonin and dopamine.
I am sure you will agree that in this modern society we live in, we are not looking after ourselves as well as we could. We are all so busy. Making time for regular massage treatments is a great start in working towards that work/life balance people frequently aspire to achieve.
Please don't hesitate to make an enquiry today. Our friendly reception staff will be more than happy to answer any of your questions.