Eating well is a cornerstone of good diabetes management. By finding out more about a healthy, balanced diet, and learning how different foods affect your blood glucose levels, you can gain more control over your diabetes.
Our Advantage Healthcare and Physiotherapy Dietitian will help you to understand:
- Balancing your daily intake
- How carbohydrate foods affect your blood glucose levels
- Which foods contain carbohydrate
- The amount and type of carbohydrate food that is best for you
- Which types of fat to choose
- How to read labels
- Better choices when eating out
Achieving and maintaining a healthy, comfortable weight is also an important factor in managing your diabetes. We will help you balance your intake and make changes that will help you achieve and maintain a healthy, comfortable weight for you, without being deprived of food or quality of life.
Our team can also provide education in other areas of diabetes management including self blood glucose monitoring, medication, complications and physical activity.